And we’ve a launch date, fam! It’s been introduced initially of gamescom’s digital incarnation this yr that World of Warcraft: Shadowlands will likely be launching on October 27th, which suggests that we’ll simply be ten months for the reason that final main content material replace earlier than any new stuff within the sport. This additionally signifies that you must anticipate the pre-patch quickly, and it additionally additionally signifies that no matter points you should still have with the growth’s beta at present have two months to be solved. Oh, and also you now know when to request day off from work, if that’s your factor.
The presentation additionally revealed the first of the animated shorts leading up to the expansion, which function Uther exhibiting up within the realm of justice with a wounded soul. Sure, there’s stuff happening in Bastion, and Uther just isn’t merely going quietly right into a long-deserved relaxation in spite of everything. (The ethical of the story is that Arthas Menethil Continues Ruining The whole lot.) Test that out just under, in addition to some stills. You must do one thing earlier than October 27th, proper?
IRVINE, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Aug. 27, 2020– Past Azeroth’s shattered sky, a realm of infinite afterlives awaits: the Shadowlands, the place mortal souls go to reckon with their pasts, uncover new goal . . . or endure an eternity of torment. On October 27†, the heroes of the Horde and the Alliance will forge their very own destiny within the subsequent world as World of Warcraft®: Shadowlands, the eighth growth for Blizzard Leisure’s acclaimed massively multiplayer on-line role-playing sport, launches across the globe.
Upon coming into the Shadowlands, Azeroth’s champions will encounter an otherworld in disarray. Virtuous souls are being wrongfully solid into the everlasting darkness of the Maw, whereas the Covenants—highly effective factions who maintain dominion over the afterlife’s disparate realms—face wreck and strife because the circulate of the Shadowlands’ important anima mysteriously dwindles. As an historic, long-bound evil gathers the energy to interrupt its chains, gamers should carve their path by the uncharted reaches of the past, forge a pact with the Covenant that the majority aligns with their very own rules and goal—and finally restore steadiness to the hereafter.
“In Shadowlands, gamers will discover one of many Warcraft universe’s most mysterious undiscovered frontiers,” mentioned J. Allen Brack, president of Blizzard Leisure. “And in deciding on a Covenant to align themselves with, they’ll face some of the difficult choices they’ve ever made within the sport—one that can impression practically each facet of their expertise with this growth. We will’t wait to see what paths gamers select when Shadowlands launches this October.”
World of Warcraft: Shadowlands is loaded with content material and options that give gamers whole-new methods to find and form their characters’ destinies:
• Discover Warcraft’s Afterlife—Uncover the wonders and horrors that await on this planet past the veil. Trip throughout the gleaming fields of Bastion, lose your self among the many gothic spires of Revendreth, end up on the crossroads of destiny within the everlasting metropolis of Oribos, and way more.
• Pledge Your self to a Covenant—Align with one of many Shadowlands’ 4 Covenants, every with distinctive story campaigns, gameplay options, and powers that they bestow upon those that pledge themselves to their trigger. Select between Bastion’s valiant Kyrian or Revendreth’s prideful Venthyr, battle for the mighty Necrolords of Maldraxxus, or search renewal with the wild Night time Fae of Ardenweald.
• Ascend the Tower of the Damned—The vilest souls in existence are locked away in Torghast, an otherworldly jail dominated by the terrifying entity referred to as the Jailer. This ever-changing, roguelike problem is open to solo gamers and teams of as much as 5, and those that courageous its trials will earn supplies to fee rune-carved legendary tools of their selecting.
• Rise as a Dying Knight—Bolvar Fordragon, the previous paladin who as soon as wore the helm of the Lich King to maintain the Scourge at bay, seeks to bolster the Dying Knights’ numbers—now, all Allied Races in addition to pandaren can be a part of their unholy ranks. (Out there with pre-purchase.)
• And Extra. . .—Endure the Jailer’s watchful eye within the Maw, the place the problem mounts the longer you linger; Soulbind with key characters of your chosen Covenant to share their distinct powers; select learn how to restore your Covenant’s Sanctum to glory . . . Shadowlands is not like something ever earlier than skilled in World of Warcraft.
Dying Rises in Azeroth
Previous to the growth’s launch, Azeroth will start to bear the results of Sylvanas’s actions throughout a particular pre-launch in-game occasion: “Dying Rising.” This limited-time occasion will ship gamers to the frozen wastes of Icecrown, the place the veil between worlds has been shattered—and the reawakening of the undead Scourge heralds the stirring of extra sinister forces.
The “Dying Rising” occasion is a part of the foremost pre-expansion sport replace to arrange for Shadowlands’ launch, which additionally features a newly revamped leveling expertise that takes gamers to the brand new pre-Shadowlands stage cap of 50, the addition of an epic introductory journey for gamers new to World of Warcraft set on the accursed island of Exile’s Attain, quite a lot of updates to lessons and talents in preparation for the growth, and extra.
Gamers who want to put together for his or her journey into the Shadowlands immediately can pre-purchase the growth now at www.worldofwarcraft.com. World of Warcraft: Shadowlands is offered in a spread of editions to swimsuit gamers’ pursuits:
• Shadowlands Base Version ($39.99, digital solely), which comes with the growth solely, and offers a brand new decrease entry level in comparison with earlier expansions.
• Shadowlands Heroic Version ($59.99, digital solely), which comes with the growth; a personality enhance so gamers could be able to enter the Shadowlands at launch; and the Ensorcelled Everwyrm mount, which moreover offers entry to a quest line by which gamers can earn the Vestments of the Everlasting Traveler transmogrification set.
• Shadowlands Epic Version ($79.99, digital solely), which incorporates every thing within the Heroic Version plus the Anima Wyrmling pet; the Wraithchill beauty weapon impact; the Everlasting Traveler’s Hearthstone, which offers a singular visible impact; and 30 days of sport time.
• Shadowlands Collector’s Version ($119.99 SRP, retail solely), a limited-edition boxed set that comes with the Epic Version content material together with mementos to adorn the bodily realm, together with 4 pins bearing the sigils of the Covenants; a mouse pad reflecting the shattered sky over Icecrown; a hardcover Artwork of the Shadowlands e-book; and a key to obtain the Shadowlands soundtrack. The Collector’s Version is scheduled to start delivery from retailers beginning October 13, 2020; verify together with your native retailer for pre-order availability or info relating to their delivery insurance policies. Gamers who pre-purchased a digital copy of Shadowlands and who improve to the Collector’s Version will mechanically be credited Blizzard Stability†† primarily based on their unique buy (some restrictions apply; learn Blizzard’s Collector’s Version article for particulars).
All bonuses from the Heroic and Epic Editions are unlocked instantly upon pre-purchase. As well as, pre-purchasing any version of World of Warcraft: Shadowlands will open the flexibility for gamers to create pandaren and Allied Race Dying Knights.